Hiya folks. It’s time to talk about animals, and not of the werepanther variety (yep, I still have a personal vendetta against True Blood…some things just never change).
So let’s talk about Political Animals, the new USA miniseries I’ve fallen hard and fast for. As it combines my two favorite things in this world (politics and television), I could go on and on about why you should tune into its 6-episode run. In fact, I did! I co-wrote many words about the pilot for The Michigan Daily.
But alas, we try to be succinct here at AllTheTV (except when it comes to our podcasts, of course).
So for the attention-deficient amongst us, enjoy the shortest and sweetest list (with links! multimedia!) of reasons to watch I could come up with:
- Sigourney Weaver on television.
- Sigourney Weaver telling Russian diplomats she will fuck their shit up…in Russian.
- Sigourney Weaver dancing…with Adrian Pasdar (who must be contractually obligated to play politicians exclusively?)
- Carla Gugino.
- Carla Gugino and Sigourney Weaver together on screen!
- “Never call a bitch a bitch. Us bitches hate that.”
- The series, thus far, completely beats The Newsroom in accurately portraying the world of journalism today.
- It also beats The Newsroom in writing strong female characters and literally everything else.
- IT’S A POLITICAL PRIMETIME SOAP. ABOUT WONDERFULLY WRITTEN WOMEN.
- THR called it The West Wing turned into Dallas…which they frame as a kind of negative thing…but. um. hello. Sounds like a dream come true.
- James Wolk’s dumb face.
- Can’t remember if I’ve mentioned Sigourney Weaver yet.
- In summation: LAAAAAAADIES!!!!!!!!!!